Meeting Minutes

Meeting of the AHA - July 15, 2009

Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 P.M. by Brian Greeley, in the John F. Cusack Board Room, located at 4 Winslow Street, Arlington, MA.

Roll Call
Present: Brian R. Greeley, Teresa Walsh and Richard Murray

Also Present: John J. Griffin, Executive Director, John L. Greco, Attorney

Absent Brian Connor and Nicholas Mitropoulos

Notice to Town Clerk
Notice of this meeting was delivered electronically on January 20, 2009, and posted by the Arlington Town Clerk in accordance with the provisions of the Open Meeting Law.

Appointments

Local Tenants Organizations

General Public
NONE

Project Updates
Elevators at Cusack is delayed. Prism contractors are waiting for the electrician. Menotomy Manor is in the final group of buildings. The AHA is still doing the punch list and warranty work on the first buildings. Contractors keep saying they will have everything done by the end of August.

Hot Water System is still in design.

We are still waiting for landscaping and cameras at the Manor.

Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Civil Rights Certification

Upon a motion by Mr. Murray and seconded by Ms. Walsh it was unanimously voted in favor to approve the Civil Rights Certification.

  YES    NO
Brian Greeley
Richard Murray
Teresa Walsh
X
X
X
 




Home Funding Receiving $180,000.00 for Chapter 689 Housing

The Executive Director informed the Board that he has applied for an $180,000. Grant through the Federal HOME Program. The North Suburban Consortium has approved the grant for the new 689 Building in the amount of 180,000. as a 30 year note with no interest and no payments.

AHA to receive $200,000. From CDBG for Hot Water System at Hauser Bldg.

The Board of Selectman has voted to give the AHA $200,000. for a new hot water system at the Hauser Building at Drake Village. The Town received an additional $353,000. in CDBG funds from the ARRA Funds. 0

Minutes – May 2009
This was tabled until the next Board Meeting.

Minutes – June 2009
This was tabled until the next Board Meeting

New Business
We are working with the Town on the weatherization program. We are starting with Chestnut Manor in replacing the light fixtures in the halls and some tenants that qualify. This is funded by the Weatherization Program from the Town of Arlington.

Mr. Murray wanted to know if there are any conferences coming up.

Mr. Griffin said that Leo Dauber is having one at Martha's Vineyard in September. Ms. Walsh is interested in going.

Ms. Walsh wanted to know if we can schedule a cookout at Menotomy Manor. We can do something at the end of September.

Mr. Greeley said that we should invite some Town officials.

Mr. Griffin will schedule this and get back to the board.

Mr. Griffin said the Boys & Girls Club is doing great.

Mr. Walsh wants Richard Conlon to comment on the audit report.

Mr. Greeley went to the Mt. Washington conference and attended some of the meetings. They had an award ceremony and they presented 15 awards for putting up cameras and having cookouts for tenants. Mr. Greeley said that we have been doing this for years.

Mr. Mitropoulos called and wants to make sure that Mr. Greco, Brian Connor and Richard Conlon get together and discuss the contract for Mr. Griffin.

Marion King wanted to know if Mr. Griffin could get an award for the 689-2 project.

Mr. Griffin said that Janet Doyle said we should do a story for the Advocate that we just housed 5 veteran families.

Mr. Murray said we can do a press release about this.

Mr. Greeley will take care of it.

Ms. Walsh said that we should stagger articles to the Advocate so that everything will make the paper. She also said that we should go on the internet and do the updates for the Board Members.

Ms. Walsh said there is written material from the seminars and that we should have a library for all of the material that is brought back by the individuals that attend. She will look into this.

Mr. Griffin said there is a new woman by the name of Lauren Griffin that has started for Minuteman to continue the services at Drake.

Mr. Murray wanted to know how the payment list for the tenants was working.

Mr. Griffin said it is working well. He said it should save the AHA money and also it should make people more responsible.

Executive Session
NONE

Adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM.

Upon a motion by Mr. Murray and seconded by Mr. Greeley it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting.

The next meeting will be August 19, 2009 and held at Winslow Towers at 7PM.