Meeting Minutes

Meeting of the AHA - July 16, 2008

Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 P.M. by Brian J. Connor, in the Community Room at Hauser Building, located at 37 Drake Road, Arlington, MA.

Roll Call
Present: Teresa J. Walsh, Brian R. Greeley Nicholas Mitropoulos and Brian Connor

Absent: Richard B. Murray

Also Present: John J. Griffin, Executive Director and John L. Greco, Attorney

Notice to Town Clerk
Notice of this meeting was delivered electronically on March 7, 2008, and posted by the Arlington Town Clerk in accordance with the provisions of the Open Meeting Law.

Mr. Greeley told everyone that the former Executive Director, Joan Gross, had passed away.

Appointments

Local Tenants Organizations
NONE

General Public
Tenants asked if the AHA could notify them when the inmates were going to be at Drake Village. Mr. Greeley said that the tenants will be notified.

Another tenant said that the air conditioning and the smoke that comes into his apartment are bothering his health. He would like the tenants to smoke outside instead of their own apartment.

Mr. Greeley asked if this individual could be moved.

Mr. Griffin said that the people can smoke in their own unit.

Sue McMorrow said that there is black soot that comes out of the vents and may be affecting people's health.

Mr. Griffin said that Bob Cronin will look into it.

Sue McMorrow also wanted to know why people are being charged $40.00 if they are locked out of their apartment.

Mr. Griffin said that after hours it costs the AHA about $80.00 to send a maintenance man out to let the tenants in.

Mr. Greeley wanted to know how many people share keys with other tenants. A lot of the people do.

Sue Morrow said that nothing has been done about the parking. There are a lot of handicap spaces that are not being used. She also said that people are parking in the handicapped spaces that don't belong there.

Mr. Griffin said that everyone at Drake could qualify for handicapped parking.

The tenants wanted to know if the front of the building could be hot topped.

Mr. Griffin said it was done 2 years ago and during that time the road does sink. Bob Cronin will look into having a cold patch put down.

Marilyn McCarthy wanted to thank the AHA for putting up the sign. She wanted to know if it was feasible to put up another one.

Mr. Griffin said another sign has been ordered.

Mr. Greeley and Mr. Mitropoulos will form a committee to study the parking problems.

There are shopping carts inside the building. There are about 20 carriages. The carriages come from Trader Joes and Walgreen. Walgreen's will have to eventually stop people from taking the shopping carts. Mr. Griffin said this was talked about last year. He will be happy to fine people who are bringing the carriages to the building. The Tenant Association should come up with a solution to this problem.

The President of the Association will bring up this issue of the shopping carts at their September meeting.

Some people are having problems getting in and out of the van. Can a step stool be put in the van for the people to get in?

Mr. Griffin said there is a side step that can be installed on the van.

Mr. Connor said that he will go the Tenants Association Meeting in September to discuss all of the issues that the tenants have.

Frank MacDonald wanted to know if the AHA tests for mold.

Mr. Connor said they will talk to Bob Cronin.

Mike Leavitt said that people don't write letters about the complaints that they have and submit them to him. Project Updates

Effective on Monday the old elevator will be shut down until September. There has been a lot of dust and the AHA will have it cleaned in September by professionals.

The AHA has received the permit for the Cusack Terrace Construction.

There will be a cookout at Menotomy Manor on August 14th from 5PM to 7PM.

The Emergency Generators are going well.

Section 8 Admin. Plan
Upon a motion by Mr. Mitropoulos and seconded by Ms. Walsh it was unanimously voted in favor to approve the Section 8 Admin. Plan.

  YES    NO
Brian Connor
Brian R. Greeley
Teresa J. Walsh
Nicholas Mitropoulos
X
X
X
X
 



Upon a motion by Ms. Walsh and seconded by Mr. Mitropoulos it was unanimously voted in favor to approve the May 21, 2008 minutes.

  YES    NO
Brian Connor
Brian R. Greeley
Teresa J. Walsh
Nicholas Mitropoulos
X
X
X
X
 



Upon a motion by Ms. Walsh and seconded by Mr. Mitropoulos it was unanimously voted in favor to approve the June 18, 2008 minutes.

  YES    NO
Brian Connor
Brian R. Greeley
Teresa J. Walsh
Nicholas Mitropoulos
X
X
X
X
 



Unfinished Business
NONE

New Business
Mr. Greeley would like to invite former Board Members and the former Executive Director the 60th Anniversary Cookouts.

Executive Session
NONE

Adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30PM.
Upon a motion by Ms. Walsh and seconded by Mr. Mitropoulos it was unanimously voted to adjourn the meeting.
The next meeting will be August 20, 2008 and held at Winslow Towers at 7PM